Thursday, January 30, 2014

Julio Angel Pacheco Pacheco...A Fisherman

Who needs photos when you can have videos! What I didn't tell you in my last blog post about Julio, was that I wanted to interview him. After my walk, however, I couldn't find him, so went about my day. I came back, swam in the pool, walked to get a lovely lunch of rice and beans for next to nothing...and as it happens when traveling, there was a moment of serendipity....

As I was walking back from lunch, I hear a man yell out, "Hola!", from behind me. It was Julio! I didn't recognize him because he wasn't in his work uniform anymore, but dressed in shorts and a t-shirt and baseball cap. We talked for a bit and I told him I had wanted to interview him, but couldn't find him. Now was my chance...so I put on my Spanish cap, which doesn't always fit, so excuse the mistakes....

Introducing, Julio Angel Pacheco Pacheco, a fisherman, in his own words...published with his permission...Gracias, Julio! Y muchas buena suerte!! - Rose

2 comments:

  1. Gracias, Mom! it really is amazing how they fish here...love from Puerto Escondido. Tomorrow i'm doing an organic coffee plantation tour.

    ReplyDelete