Friday, September 2, 2011

Folk Love.....Folk....Vashon Folk Festival

Alex, the Next Generation of Folk...!
One of the many reasons I love performing traditional folk music (which is an umbrella term, but will use this for brevity sake) so much is because it is for all people and audiences. There is nothing that pleases me more, as a performer and an audience member, than seeing young, old and all those in the middle enjoying the same music. This is community. Community abounds at little festivals like the Vashon Winery Folk Festival. We are starved for community in modern America. We need to grab it where and when we can,  participate, nurture and watch it grow, just like a garden.  Music and community will nourish our souls....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose, Welcome to the blogging world. I love the photo. I think I might know the little dude!!

    ReplyDelete